ЈРБ АД БEOГРАД - Кнеза Милоша 82

Jugoslovensko rečno brodarstvo

Navigation on the Danube carried out since the ancient Greeks, continued to the Romans, who built roads along the river and the first bridge on lower Danube. In the reign of the Byzantine Empire on the Danube, in the period of the Crusades, Danube was used for military transports. Shipping is stopped during the time of Turks and is renewed after the Belgrade Peace 1739th when the Turks recognized the freedom of navigation. The Treaty of Paris of 1856, the Danube was declared an international river to free navigation, and Serbia, as a riparian country then entered the European Commission of the Danube, and thus for the first time became the member of an international body. The holder of the idea of reestablishing the steamship company was Misa Anastasijevic, then known as Captain Misa that in 1825 bought his first boat, and in 1830 another 12 ships. Thus, in 1843 he had 74 ships and employed 500 workers. Misa Anastasijevic's attempt to establish a steamboat company in the Principality of Serbia did not succeed, but in 1856 French-Serbian steamship company was founded with the task of developing transport on the Danube, Sava and Morava. The company has been working with four steamships until 1864 when it was terminated.

01_parobrod_deligrad

The modern river shipping in Serbia began in 1862, with the decree of Prince Mihailo. The steamer "Deligrad," so named for Deligrad trench in the First Serbian Uprising was purchased from Russia. Built in France in 1851 had a capacity of 275 tons and sailed successfully through half a century, the Danube, Sava and Tisa. Indirect evidence suggests that the then Serbian government has decided to purchase steamer "Deligrad", because of the need for modernization of transport, in order to meet the growing demand for vehicles that have emerged due to increased commodity-money economy in Serbia. At that time the banks of the Sava and Danube, the Serbian side from Drina to Timok were 502 km long and Danube connected Serbia to the Black Sea. Overland roads were in poor condition, and as the construction of railways, required big financial means which Serbia could not invest. Therefore, the fastest traffic modernization could be achieved through the river shipping, by purchasing a steamboat. Bad experience with the Austrian steamship company (DDSG), which grossly abused their monopoly position on the Danube, was one more reason to become independent in the Serbian river transport, and secondly that the prince, who at that time enjoyed a special reputation, wanted more comfortable means of transportation. With “Deligrad” the Prince Miloš returned to Serbia after the St. Andrew's Day Assembly, and "Deligrad" was the first steam warship - during the war it was armed with two cannons. That same year the steamer drove down the Danube from Belgrade the last Ottoman commander Ali Riza Pasha, and inspired Ljuba Nenadović to write exciting patriotic song entitled "Deligrad". The steamer was rebuilt in 1895 in a modern passenger ship, and since then until 1914. "Deligrad" was carrying passengers between Belgrade and Radujevac.

 

With the foundation of the Serbian shipping company in 1891, which is the successor of the First Serbian Royal Preferential Shipping Company, the state gave "Deligrad", the first ship on which the Serbian tricolor flag flew, and other vessels to the Serbian shipping company, which consisted of Serbian state fleet.

After the end of World War I the 1918th in the newly formed State of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, a large number of German and Austro-Hungarian ships was found. Treaty of Paris 1921st was awarded most of the ships, so that waterway was obtained with the then state park was the first largest fleet on the Danube.

 28_taraJula 1945. godine osniva se Glavna uprava rečnog saobraćaja, a u okviru nje se formira July 1945th the Directorate of river traffic was founded, and within that the State river shipping was formed, which was named Yugoslav State River Shipping in the 1947. From 1952, after the reorganization and decentralization was renamed the Yugoslav River Shipping - JRB, which remains to this day. During the period of high economic momentum after World War II, after extraction of sunken ships and cleaning of waterways, the time has come to renew JRB's fleet. Boats had to be seriously improved to fulfill the growing needs of the economy. Taking into account the technical obsolescence of the fleet then, in mid-1950's, started the construction of ships, tugboats (the famous "JOTA" fleet), river and sea ships and bulk covered towboats and tanks for liquid cargo barges. Fleet, which is partly originated in 19th century, and partly belonged to the Austro-Hungarian Empire, from which it was received after the end of World War I, lived to be repaired. Until then, the average age of passenger ships was 60 years, tugs 40, covered towboats for dry and liquid cargo 45. The new fleet was consisted of Džervin, Veternik, Košutnjak, Topčider Jablanik, Javornje, Jagodnja, Jelašnica, (for which the fleet was named JOTA), Vitorog, Trebević, Dinara, Komovi, Udarnik, Junak, Vitez, Kolubara, Mlava, Tamnava and Morava. During the remodeling of old ships were introduced significant improvements in systems for steam production. Instead of manually firing solid fuels, moved to the semi-automatic firing fuel oil and the oil thus shorten the time of preparation of steam for sailing vessels, reduce the number of stoker and improved living and working conditions of staff loaded. During this time serious approach to solving the problem of drinking water and electricity on board ships was taken.

In those years for the transport of fertilizers and the newly opened factory in Prahovo, the fleet has been updated with 4 new towboats (the "Prahovska fleet"), and in 1961 famous motor tractor "Tara" was included in the traffic. "Tara" was engaged in the sector Djerdap and will be remembered for its strength, safety and beautiful appearance.

In the mid-nineteenth century, with the steamer "Deligrad", the new concept of tugging on Danube was introduced, as well from mid-twentieth century, more precisely since 1962. new concept of navigation occurs, and that is introduction of convoy towing. JRB was first to apply new technology for river transportation on international European river Danube, and other shipping companies followed the JRB. In late 1970s in the shipyard "Tito", in Belgrade, our shipbuilding engineers designed the towboat series "K" ("Kragujevac", "Kadinjača" and "Kumanovo"), the best and strongest fleet on the Danube. These were the most modern and most powerful boats that push convoys consisting of 16 barges carrying capacity up to 25,000 tons, in the sector of the Lower Danube. The quality of domestic shipyard capacities was reflected in the fact that 90% of towboats modern equipment was built in local companies, and only 10% were imported. In 1980s JRB put into operation strongest towboats of that time on the Danube - "Karlovac" and "Karađorđe", with the engines of the 3.061KW, designed to work exclusively on the Lower Danube.In the following period, JRB's intention to take over Western markets increases and to that end JRB purchased shallow draft vessels designed for operating in the Upper Danube, such as “Zlatibor” “Kajmakcalan” and “Velebit”.

31_potiskivac_deligrad1991 JRB gets another chance to transport petroleum products along the Danube with full capacity for liquid cargo, due to the closure of the Yugoslav pipeline, as a result of armed conflicts on the territory of Yugoslavia. Over time, economic conditions are deteriorating and 1992. The United Nations introduced the prohibition of navigation. Then JRB fleet remains docked along the banks of the Sava and the Danube, even trapped in foreign ports. End of 1995 this block is suspended and JRB moves with the reconstruction of the fleet. Unfortunately, it has been stopped in 1999 because of the bombing, when bridges were destroyed on Danube and any further international shipping was again disabled.

In the coming years, the state plans for the reconstruction of bridges followed JRB's plan to build the most modern ship-self-propelled vessel for the transportation of dry cargo and container. Self-propelled vessel was named "Deligrad" the first ship that sailed under the flag of the Principality of Serbia, back in the 1862nd year. The 2004, launching of the "Deligrad", opened a new chapter in the history of the JRB.

JRB is now the fourth company for river transport in the region of the Lower Danube. Its activities on the part of the Danube, which is suitable for large river vessels sailing from the Black Sea and Constanta at the mouth of the Danube-Black Sea, to Kehlheim in Germany. Transportation of goods are primarily contracted in a competitive spot market, the company has succeeded in recent years to increase the volume of contracts, especially in the areas of transportation of oil and petroleum products and other liquid cargoes (euro diesel, euro BMB, VGO, fuel oil, etc.).


 

grbJRBredizajniranJRB AD Beograd
(Yugoslav River Shipping)

Kneza Miloša 82,

11000 Beograd, Srbija
Tel. 011/3617-040

          Useful links

     JRB AD Certificates:                              Social networking sites:          

SGS_9001SGS_14001SGS_18001                    fbooktwitteryoutube